Why model based add-ins
- Accessed by all the users with in a model
- Purely Model specific
- No installation, registry entries , distribution or license worries
- Self-Documenting as everything is modelled and created directly in EA
- Signal Reference Library ( Broadcast Events ) – Defines the entry points to the add-In similar to the com class in the traditional add-ins
- Referencing relevant signals in the receptions
What is Signal Reference Library
These are Signal elements which contain definitions of all the Enterprise architect broadcast events. Signals that are added to the add-in will receive an event when triggered. EAExample model contains all the broadcast event signals under the package Example Model.EA 15 Examples.Dynamic Model Based Add-Ins.Broadcast Types
Mandatory Signals or Events for Add-in
All the available event references examples can be found here:
- Create a Signal Reference Library referring EAExample model. (Simple way would be just do an XMI export of the Broadcast Types package from EA model and import into your working model).
- Create a package in the root node for modelling the add-in
- Add the signal reference in the created class using the reception.
- To Access Reception Right-click on the Class element and select the ‘Features | Receptions’ option. The Features window displays, at the ‘Receptions’ page.
- Add the required events by clicking the button to the right of the New Receptiontext in the ‘Name’ column , the dialog will show the available Signals ( it will automatically fetch the parameters details from the object )
- Once selected all the added signals will be displayed in the class object.
- Codes for these events are similar to the traditional add-ins ( please refer the attached model for more details )
- Finally make sure the add-in is enabled. To enable the add-in Specialize -> Manage-Addin and please click Load on startup
- Once the add-in is loaded you can find it in the ribbon
For more details or customization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org